Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Distracted

This past week I have been a bit distracted and in Saturday's run it really showed. I wasn't focused on my run my mind was else where. I also felt pretty fatigued from the start on Saturday. This run was more mental than anything and I am glad that it was only 14 miles. TRT is quickly approaching as in less than 2 weeks away.

I have to keep reminding myself just like Anthony told me; I am ready, I have put the work in. If you had asked me a few weeks ago how I felt going into TRT I would have told you I felt ready. If you asked me Saturday how I was feeling about TRT I would tell you, a bit nervous that maybe I didn't work hard enough, or that I didn't push myself hard enough.

If you asked me today that same question; I am ready, I have done the work now to rest up and prepare myself mentally for the task at hand.

This past weekend was packed and filled with swimming, BBQ, and of course good friends. It was just what I needed. Lil Man came over yesterday with his little sister and mom of course and we enjoyed the nice cool pool as temperatures yesterday reached the upper 90's if not 100's.

This week is a taper week and I am glad it is here. I am in need of some rest and some lower mileage as the past two weeks I have ended up with 55 miles. I can't wait for next week because after TRT I took a week off from work. My last real vacation was a little bit over a year. Yes, I have taken a day off here and there, but those day's off weren't really day's off. What big plans do I have? Well, not much. Just to enjoy it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment