Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Salomon Hydration Pack!!!!

A few days ago, Tuesday to be exact it was Christmas in January at the Pigeon household. My package arrived and I couldn't wait to open it. My new hydration pack had arrived.

It is the the Salomon XT Advanced Skin 5 S-Lab Set Pack!!! I originally tried it on over at Coach Nikons as he had ordered it last week. After wearing it I fell in love with the fit. It is nice and snug with a ton of pockets and it is very comfortable.



Details from Running Warehouse:

  • 2 chest pockets (one is zippered and removable)
  • 2 front chest pouches, just the right size for bottles or other items
  • 2 zipped belt pockets
  • 1 main zippered compartment on back
  • Exclusive Salomon bladder by Source is included (1.5L)
  • Taste-Free™ System
  • Bacteria-Free™ System
  • Crush & Leak Proof Durabag® Technology
  • High Flow Z-Valve™
  • Dirt-Shield™ Cover
  • Easy Fill, Clean and Drain Widepack™ Closure
  • 5mm closed cell PE insulation keeps water cool
  • Cool tube Cover
  • Sensifit construction reduces abrasion and gives a precise and secure fit
  • Ultra breathable stretch material to comfortably and securely hold bladder and essential items
  • Adjustable load lifter distributes the load in the pack
  • The twin link system secures anywhere on the system for a personalized fit
  • 4ºD pole holder is instinctive to use. Quick and easy access to your hiking poles while running
  • Safety whistle attached
  • Comes with safety blanket
  • Weight: 640g (1lb 6oz)
  • Pack Volume: 5L
  • Dimensions: 37 x 20 x 6 cm



The little flask I bought which Lil Man thought was for him because it is his size. If it goes missing I know who will have it.

I can't wait to wear it out on the trails, I mean wearing it around the house right now is causing the family to laugh at me especially when I am still in my P.J's!!!! There is enough storage space for everything that I will need on the trails for those extra long runs.


Traildog is ready to hit the trail too!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet pack!!! I miss wearing mine . . . maybe I'll wear my around the house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by yesterday and showing us the pack!!! You might soon be able to purchase that at your favorite local speciatly running retailer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I might buy the Salomon XT Advanced skin 5 SLAB myself. But I'm afraid the drinkbottles at the chestpockets are in the way of my arms moving. Do you have any problems with that? Thanks for your comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eddie-

    I run with a small flask filled with Gu and that is not in the way of my arms. I don't notice those side pockets.

    I did experiment and tried putting a running bottle in there but it didn't fit. What fits is a normal water bottle (skinny.long) Like market pantry, arrowhead, ect....

    I love my pack and have used it in all my races, no chaffing issues. Check out neverstopsruning blog, he did a review on it also.

    let me know how it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete