Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My gut Feeling

Have you ever had that gut feeling where your gut is telling you something is wrong? I did this morning. For some weird reason I decided that I wanted to go for a nice and easy run this morning. I usually don't run in the morning, but I am off tonight so why not. I changed my clothes and as I was trying to get Traildog outside I decided last minute to take him with me. How could I say no when he is so persistent.

Traildog and I step out of the garage and he barks once and I could feel his body tense up. I look around, across the street out of the corner of my eye I see a dark figure at my neighbors door and then I can't see them anymore. I also notice a car across the street with the hood open and the guy "looking" at his engine and oil dip stick. Right?!?!! Red Flag.

Traildog and I walk down to the sidewalk and we walk maybe 10 ft. and then just stand there. We walk back to our drive way and watch. As we are standing there the dark figure at the door comes back to the car and I hear the hood close the doors close and the car starts up and they drive away. Hmm guess the car is fine.

Stranger danger in the neighborhood. Why did they choose the one house on the street with no cars in the drive way? If my car was "having" trouble I would probably knock on someones door with a car in the driveway or on the street, not a house that had a empty drive way and if I saw someone just leave there house hmm maybe ask them for some assistance.

 Really!!! In the mid morning. Really???? And why??? When they left I looked a little closer, note to self do not leave a window open. Yup a window was left wide open for all to see. Now maybe I am jumping to conclusions but I haven't stated a thing about what I think they were doing, but I can only speculate.

My gut Iguess told me to go for a run and take Traildog with me. Isn't it weird how events can play out. I only wonder what would have happened if I hadn't come out with traildog at that time.

The run was pretty uneventful, Traildog did great and really enjoyed running with his mom. He is always by my side when I am home and always in the same room as me. The only person that can tear Traildog away from me is Lil Man. I think it is pretty cute the bond those two have. It is almost like having two toddlers in the house because that is how they play.

See what I mean! But how cute are they?

Traildog after our run this morning

Still has plenty of energy to play fetch

there he goes

Lil Man with his Christmas outfit on.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Talk about scary. Are you going to go over to the neighbors and tell them what you saw? I would.

    Good traildog!!!

    I love the Lil Man photo and Trail Dog photo. Too cute.

    So wait, you ran THIS morning and you're running tonight or you're working tonight? :-)

    Talk to AB, we're planning a dinner at my house potentially 1/22!! Can you come?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the boy and dog. So darn cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete