Thursday, August 16, 2012

Moving Day

Today is the a big day. MOVING DAY!!!!! I have been packing after work all weak, I actually didn't have much to pack as I never really fully unpacked when I moved in here back in mid October. It was a matter of I can't pack that becuase I still need it, like my toothbrush, coffee maker, things like that. Traildog has been a little stressed as he is seeing boxes coming and going, things being rearranged so he has been "eyeballing" me all week.

Traildog concerned I will leave him behind, don't worry my friend, I could never leave you behind

It has been stressful but I know that this is the right decision. Now I have been toying with this idea since late July and once I worked out the kinks I was at piece with the move. I seem to have also caused myself some stress as I leave for Tahoe tomorrow and return on Tuesday. It is a good thing I am on vacation or else this move probably would have been more stressful.

The good news is I will be closer to my family and work, the bad news is I can't run out my door up the street and arrive at the parkway. But I am OK with that, as I will find new routines and new routes to cover when I start training again. I mean I have big goals next year! One of them being a 100 miler (WS  would be awesome!!!)

Excited and nervous at the same time, but I am hoping once I am settled in my new place my drive for running will return as I think I am in a funk, and this is not a good place to be. And yes this time once I am settled there will be a house warming party!

Things at work are very busy with the crazy school year starting it feels like Christmas in the store. Utter chaos, but a controlled chaos on my end. I do what I can to drive product out, but it is crazy! The past six days have just destroyed me mentally and physically and on top of that packing and moving. I really need that vacation.

"Hey, Mom; plese don't forget my toys!" Don't worry they are all packed

For now I am ready for what the next chapter in my life has to offer and to see where the road takes me on this awesome journey. One day at a time, one minute at a time. To persevere and seize the day!

1 comment:

  1. Awe that's how our dog was when we moved. She just kept getting freaked out by all the boxes. We had to hire long distance movers, since we knew we couldn't do this move by ourselves. But Lu (our dog) loved having all the extra people in the house. And now she has a huge yard to run in. Thanks for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete