Saturday, October 6, 2012

Update

Have you ever had those moments in life where something is just missing, but you can't put your finger on it? There has been something missing in my life, but that missing piece is no more. It is amazing how life can capture you and bring in a feeling of fullness like no other. It is also amazing at how calm I am feeling and confident about all of this. It is one of the best feelings in the world for me right now.

With my new direction in life I also haven't forgotten about my running. I am actually injured right now. I have no idea how it happened, but I ended up straining/pulling (I don't really know) my back. It has been very painful with even the smallest amount of shifting or twisting causes me to cringe and or drop what ever I am holding or carrying. I have been somewhat good and taken a few extra rest days, but I have also been out running. Nothing crazy long just a six miler here and a 9 miler there which after running causes me to be on the floor almost in tears from the pain.

I finally broke down and called Lily and she worked her magic on me. I am feeling a lot better, but not 100%. I am able to run somewhat pain free but I am also still taking it easy. I have only logged 6 miles this week and that was on Thursday. Overall that run was pretty good and today (Saturday) I will plan on hitting street again for a few more test miles.

I have also decided to rejoin the Fleet Feet Ultra Training Group this coming up year. I wont be able to make it to all the long runs but the runs I can will be a lot better for me than training by myself. Plus I have a 100 miler planned for next season and I think being in the training group will increase my dedication and competitiveness to help bring me to the next level.

Lots of exciting things going in life, in running and at home. I can't wait to see what else comes my way as my eyes are wide open!

No comments:

Post a Comment