Saturday, August 6, 2011

Feeling Good

The past couple of weeks my legs have not being feeling 100%. They have been achy after a long days work, stiff when I first wake up in the morning, and all around sore and fatigued. My longest run since TRT 50k was 10 miles with a few 6 miles thrown in to try and loosen them up. Nothing was working, it was hurting to run and my body was feeling it.
I did have a new pair of shoes on order which I picked up on Wednesday of this week. You know what the most amazing thing was? The next Thursday, I woke up and my legs felt alive, no aches, no stiffness no pain. It was almost as if my legs and feet new that I had a new pair of shoes and my legs were no ready to actually run again.  I headed out that day for my 10 mile run and everything clicked. Now I do believe the new shoes had something to with it but I also believe that my recovery from TRT just took a bit longer. I also had just returned back to work so my body overall was stressed out to the max with trying to adjust to my abnormal work schedule and stress of being on my feet all day long.
I am very glad that my legs have been feeling better because I almost didn’t want to head up to Tahoe today for a run with Coach Nikon and Jumping Bean. I didn’t want to get there and have my legs rebel at me, but I don’t think that will be an issue.  Plus this long run will give me chance to really think about an opportunity that came my way. I can’t touch too much on it, but I will say it is a big decision not to be taken lightly.  An opportunity that won’t last forever either.  
I am glad my legs are feeling better and I am sure today’s run will help me clear my head. Here is too a great run, one that will help recharge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment