Tuesday, November 22, 2011

New Routines

It's been a bit since my last post. So Traildog is finally settling in nicely. We are both getting on new routines which is what I need. I was a bit off when I first moved in and I could feel my center falling, which is not good. With our new routines in place we are set for now.

Traildog and I head out for a run almost every day. I get home from work and he is very excited to see me. Once our hello's are made he stares at his leach and wags his tail. I immediately change and we both head out for our afternoon run of 6 miles. Last week we both logged 40 miles. That is the highest mileage week I have had since mid September.

At first, when I started running again it was tough. It felt like my body had forgotten how to run. My legs ached, I was stiff and it was tough. But I knew I had to stick with it and I needed to give Traildog some really good exercise. He loved it and would keep pushing the pace. Maybe that was the problem it was too fast. But as the week came to end everything started to click. My leg turnover was getting quicker it was easier to breath and the pace was getting faster. I knew it would be tough to start really running again, but I am glad I stuck with it.

Traildog just chilling at Fleet Feet after his 10 mile run!


This week is going to be tough to get any sort of strong mileage in. I already have 20 miles for week, but that is back to back 10 milers. I know work is going to be crazy busy and my schedule is even crazier. Basically on Thursday which is Thanksgiving I work from around 2 am to 9am and head home sleep some and return to work that night around 11ishpm and work until Friday morning. I am hoping I can make it over to my sisters house for Thanksgiving dinner.

I also put my name in for Western States 100. I really want to complete a 100 mile run this year.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you and traildog are settling in. Nice job on the runs .... I need to get back on that running wagon.

    ReplyDelete