Thursday, May 6, 2010

Meme Time!!!!












The other day I promised my nephew he could have some Meme (my nickname ) time. I don't know who was more excited me or him, but I am betting it was both of us. You see, he and my sister and her husband had just gotten back from Maui -yes I was jealous- and I hadn't spent any thime with him in over a week.
I wanted to make it a special day, but he actually melted my heart as soon as I got home from work and I walked in the door. He came running to me yelling "meme time, meme time", and gave me huge hug. All my worries from work that night quickly faded and I was in a better place.
He woke up early knowing it was our special day, ate his breakfast and was dressed and ready to go. he immediatly asked me "Meme park?" I couldn't resist and said "O.K." I paked a snack, his choose of course cheez its and milk (who wouldn't want that as a snack) and we drove over to the park. We played and played and played, he ran up the stairs and I watched as he dropped his race car down the slide and than he would race after it. We played for well over an hour. I even went down the slide with him few times. What can I say sometimes I am a kid at heart, and who goes to the park without going down the slide? What kind of auntie would I be if I didn't? Right???

After the park we headed home and played some more outside with the dogs. I have a Lab/Border Collie mix and he has a Beagal. We enjoyed running around with the dogs, playing with the chickens, and he rode his new bike around. We even had a great surprise, Uncle Michael stopped by. By 10 a.m. he was beat he went down for nap and slept for 2 hours straight. Mission accomplished, I had special time with my nephew and he played so hard that he had a great nap. What more could I ask for in day. Maybe some sleep as I have been up for 24 hrs now and had to go back to work soon. My sister got home and I crashed for a much needed few hours.

I had a great time my nephew and can't wait for the next "Meme time" with him. It really started my week off great.



2 comments:

  1. Woot woot! Glad to see you on the blogosphere!

    Looking for to some Meme time Saturday too, although I call it Pigeon time! :-)

    Wait. You PLAY with chickens? We're no longer friends! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. T.M.- ohh no I don't play with chickens they run after me so I stay as far away as I can.

    Looking forward to Saturday! It's going to be a great run!!!!

    ReplyDelete