Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Day Filled With Surprises!

Today marks the end of 2011, and what a year it was. I can not wait to see what 2012 brings.

Today I was surprised at work. My sister and Lil Man dropped by to do some shopping and also to say hi. Lil Man is very excited about his game night. He picked up a new video game for the WI, his Christmas present from Grandpa Al.

Not only did they surprise me at work but they even surprised me by stopping by the new place and having lunch with me. Lil Man was super excited to see my new place....Traildog. Traildog was so excited to have company. Although he was a bit upset when we left to eat lunch.

After lunch we came back to my place and played a bit. When it was time for him to go he just wanted 5 more minutes. I think next Tuesday when he comes over for a few hours he is going to have a blast. He loved "his playroom" and even thanked me for it. The funny part was I don't have any toys and that is the first thing he asked me. Hey, Meme where are the toys? My answer, You didn't bring any over.

After the great lunch and visit Traildog and I headed out for our last run for 2011. We ended up doing only 6 miles. My legs were feeling a bit off, or maybe it had something to do with the rather large lunch I had an hour before.

Out on our run I was also surprised once again by running into a Trail Turtle Shannon and Ralph. They were both out enjoying a nice bike ride. I visited with Ralph for a bit and learned that we both live near each other and we both frequent The Beer Garden. We will most definitely need to get together for a drink or two.

Today seemed like it was full of surprises. Sometimes that is just what is needed, just like yesterday Coach Nikon and Lily stopped by work and I was given the best hugs by them. Again a pleasant surprise. What a way to end 2011.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment