Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Back at work and running in the heat

I was dreading going back to work early Tuesday morning, but funny thing, it actually wasn't that bad. Yes, I only managed to get 4 hours of sleep and then it was time to go off to work. But amazingly I wasn’t tired all day. Probably because once I arrived at work it was nonstop action, constant go go go, no stopping lots to do not a whole lot of time to get it done. I survived my first day and once it was all over I thought I was going to crash hard, but I didn’t until later that evening.

The next day was just as jammed packed as Tuesday only this time I didn’t have a 2500 piece trailer plus p-fresh. All I had was a tiny 1600 piece trailer. That is a piece of cake.

I always have mixed emotions returning, but I could really tell that my body and my mind needed a break from work. I didn’t realize how drained and how stressed out I was becoming nor did I see the signs.

Upon returning I found myself having more energy mentally and I also noticed freshness in my step. A vacation was really what I needed to recharge my batteries. I can only imagine where I would be if I hadn’t taken a vacation.
Today after work I decided I should head out for a run, I almost talked myself out of the run but ultimately I held strong and ran in the mid day heat. The heat just about stopped me in my tracks; it was brutally hot on the pavement today. I thought I was going to melt away; maybe I should have talked myself out of this run. I managed a very slow 6 miles around my neighborhood.  I had to stop periodically and walk, but I think that was due to my legs being extremely fatigued from work or maybe the fact that I should have eaten something before heading out on this voyage.
I know that I need to run in the heat and I also know that when I do run in the heat my pace is going to be a bit slower until I am adapted to the heat. Did I mention my body really doesn’t do very well in the heat, but it is a part of running and a part of the Sierra Nevada Endurance Run.
Even Traildog thought it was to hot to walk

No comments:

Post a Comment