Thursday, July 21, 2011

First Run on Tired Legs Still

This morning I headed out the door for my first run since TRT on Saturday. As my run progressed I could still feel the fatigue in my legs. They were tired and not liking this run. I knew I didn't want to push my luck so I took my time on this run around my neighborhood, my loop is pretty hilly which caused me more fatigue.

Usually Thursday is my long run day, but I am very glad that I decided on a easy pace for 6 miles. I would hate to find out how things would have turned out if I went longer today. Tomorrow I have a massage scheduled with Lily from Massage by Lily. It is funny how things work out because I wasn't originally planning on getting a massage tomorrow, but as luck would have she called me and one thing lead to another and I have a appointment for tomorrow. Very glad she had called and can't wait for some needed relief tomorrow.

Lil Man returned to pre-school, but as soon as he got home he couldn't wait to play with me. We played cars in his very messy room, we played with Traildog, and then Lil Man had this great idea to go outside and catch butterflies in his net.

Catching butterflies, Do you see any?



We stayed outside for maybe 10 minutes before the heat was to much for Lil Man. I found him sitting in the shade on the steps. He almost abandoned me but I talked him into staying outside for a bit longer with me. Before we headed back inside we caught Traildog on top of the chairs outside.



I sometimes wonder if Traildog thinks he is a human and not a dog. Right now Lil Man is next door enjoying some pool time with his friend.

The rest of this week I will plan on staying focused on rest and recovery. Letting my body recharge before doing any major long runs, but I will be running that much I know for sure. Just not too long yet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment