Friday, November 19, 2010

A few runs with bloody socks

November seems to be flying by. Just yesterday it felt like it was Halloween. Thanksgiving is just around the corner which for anyone in retail means Black Friday is near. I am not one of those frantic shoppers trying to get all the deals I am in fact that retail manager trying to keep the shelves full for those of you who will be shopping on Black Friday. I will say that my back room is bursting at the seams so I am actually looking forward to black Friday because that means my back room will empty out. If I can only get through the next couple of days.

On a different note I went running on Wednesday. I didn't push my body to hard because it just didn't fell right. But I wanted to get a few miles in to get my legs loose as I had taken 2 days off. What I wasn't expecting was the excruciating fire like pain coming from the sole of my foot. It lasted for about a mile and just as quickly as it came it was gone so I was able to complete my run. Once I got home I took my shoe off and my sock was a bloody mess. My blister had exploded, even though I had drained it earlier in the week. The good news was, it felt better.

Thursday I went out early for my run. Only it wasn't early enough as my normal route I take runs me by a middle school. So when I reached the middle school there was so much traffic and kids walking to school that I needed to run a different route. Instead of my 1 lap to reach 6 miles I had to do 2 laps of 3 miles. I wasn't really in the mood to do 2 laps. But I did, all the while holding a 9 min pace for each mile . This run I again had a bloody mess on my sock. It is still a little tender when I walk on it and I am hoping it will heal up 100% by the time it is time to run CIM in a few weeks which I am aiming to PR.

Not only did I run but I also had a massage from Lily. Yes, I am still very tender especially my IT band. I love it when I am about ready to jump off the table and she says one more time then works on my IT area more then once. But I know I need it and no matter how much I am squirming  she continues to work on me. Thank you for putting up with all my squirming and me begging you to stop. I don't think I have ever asked her to stop before, that is how much it was hurting. Ohh IT band will you please loosen up.

 The other area I had some difficulties with was my neck. It was as hard as concrete. It had no give. Would you believe me if I told you she had fixed my neck during my last massage. Guess I have been under a lot of stress.

She originally had me on my back, but then had me turn onto my side. As I was on my left side my right shoulder wouldn't give. It was locked into place. She tried to stretch my shoulder but my body was in protective mode and guarding my shoulder. The last time my body was "guarding" was when Dr. Chu from Elite Spinal and Sports Care was trying to adjust my back and he couldn't because it could have caused more damage. When I turned onto my other side I noticed a huge difference. My body was more comfortable and relaxed, there was give in my left shoulder. Not sure what is going on with my right shoulder, but the massage was awesome. I always feel like a new person after getting a massage.

This next week is going to be off the hook. Thank goodness it is also a taper week because I am not sure when I will be able to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment