Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sleep at last

Sleep, sleep at last....Ok it was a 6 hours of sleep but it is sleep. Probably because I finally hit my exhaustion point and had nothing left in my tank.Oh how great it was to sleep. I turned my phone to silent turned on the ceiling fan for a little circulation and passed out. I didn't even hear Lil Man and my sister come home.

 I haven't run in two days, a blister on the bottom of my foot has derailed me. It is just not any ordinary blister but a blister over a blister and it is on the weight bearing portion of my foot. So after being on my feet for over 10 hours at work running probably wasn't or wouldn't be a good thing especially with CIM just around the corner. I did try today but I went maybe 4 strides before I said No. It is amazing how I ran with some busted ribs but a blister takes me down for a few days.

I could use a little rest this week as work has been crazy busy. With just two nights so far this week I have taken 2 general merchandise trailers plus a grocery trailer and tonight I have 2 general merchandise trailers. The last time I worked lead a team with 2 trailers was 2 years ago because last year I was day side and ummm well the year before that I was on a LOA. So it has been awhile since I have had to manage this large of a workload. Ohh how I love the holidays!!!!

Note to the DC- please bring me some more trucks I love getting additional trailers when I have already written my schedule for the week and now I am begging team members to come in tonight. -insert sarcasm here-

The joys of retail, the many challenges and obstacles! The good news is I slept. Yeah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment