Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Final Phase

After yesterdays leisure 6 mile run today I am sore. My chest is sore. I don’t know for sure if it was from running or from my work week. The remodel project at the store is in the final phase and my team and I have been doing a lot of lifting. The stress level is at an all time high. There cannot be any mistakes.


Time is of the essence. My punch list last week was three pages long, it is now one page. It is all the small minor details, but once these details are complete it will really show. I want to complete everything within my power and means, but I am slowly realizing that that won’t be possible. There are factors that are out of my control (but are on order). It is frustrating and I am coming to grips with it.

The past 12 weeks I have learned a lot. I have seen the inner workings. I have seen time lines made, I have surpassed time lines, I have seen time lines missed and I have also seen partnerships develop and I have seen others bring their resources together to accomplish task so that the bigger picture is completed.

It has at times been overwhelming, challenging, insightful, stressful, rewarding and an experience that I am glad I was chosen for.

Six more days and it is all over. The store gets turned over and I start my vacation. Wow, it is amazing how time flies. I never thought this day would come so quickly. I am sure that once it is over my body will began to heal even faster. I have two weeks off before I go back to work and straight into 4th quarter. That is really when the chaos begins. Until then I plan on taking my miles slow and listening to my body.

This quote pretty much sums it up for me.

The fact is, that to do anything in the world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in and scramble through as well as we can.
-Robert Cushing- 

 

2 comments:

  1. Cool, finally. Kepp the running lite and,

    m o r e b e e r

    AB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Anthony said . . . running light . . . Saturday we'll only go 6 I think or about an hour . . . I need to go easy on the ankle and (gulp) wear compression socks! HA

    Moer beer is always helpful!!!

    ReplyDelete