Sunday, October 3, 2010

R&R in Tahoe

This past weekend I thought it would be best if I went on a mini getaway to Tahoe. I wanted to get away from all the stressors that I have in my everyday life.I was feeling like I was losing control and a sense of who I am. I also thought it would be a great spot to clear my head to really find out what I want to do next.
Just for you trailmomma!

In a few weeks the remodel project is over and I return to my old schedule of overnights. I was offered another remodel position that would begin sometime next year, but at this point I am not sure what I want to do. If I take the position there would be no guarantee on what store I would head to after that remodel is completed. Overall I have to weigh the pros and cons and really make a decision that is best for me and my career. No pressure…




Off to Tahoe I went, my sister and lil man joined me which was awesome. I had booked us a nice one bedroom place and once we arrived and tried to check in we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath, full kitchen, living room, and loft. A unit that sleeps 10 comfortable. A little bit big for us but Lil man had a blast running up and down the 2 flights of stairs.



At least someone was able to run.

Love it


We had a relaxing Friday evening followed by a fun filled day on Saturday. We went to the Salmon festival. There was a great half mile nature walk. As we walked to the river we could see hundreds of Salmon swimming upstream to lay their baby eggs. Along the trail we also saw a bear. I had just finished telling my sister that last fall while I was running this trail some hikers had spotted a mama and baby bear cub on the path just ahead. I never did see it but there was a good possibility that the bears would be out and about especially with such an easy meal. Sure enough there was a bear.



Salmon Festival


Bear across the river




After the nature hike, Lil Man went down for a nap and I just enjoyed being. I enjoyed not being on a time frame, no schedule; no running….umm well; actually I missed the running and wished I had went for a run. But I didn’t I am letting my ribs heal. Maybe this week coming up.

I think that we brought the fall weather because a few hours later there was a torrential thunder storm complete with lightning and thunder. The streets turned into rivers in a matter of seconds. As the storm passed we headed to the beach to catch the sun set. We made it just in time for the sunset and the rainbow. It was beautiful.

Seeing the sunset and enjoying walking on the beach was very calming. I can’t remember the last time I felt this calm and relaxed. It was just what the doctor ordered. It was a great weekend and one that I can’t wait to do again. Walking on the beach, sunsets, hot chocolate, movies, rainbows, and bears.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, beautiful pictures. Were you at the beach at Stateline? It looked like where I went during the summer.
    Your spirits are up a little bit, it sounds like. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo Lynn- Yup, we were pretty close to stateline on the resorts private beach. Great time. Enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. You were missed. I am glad you took the time to get away and re-evaluate.

    I have never seen your sister before. The photos are awesome! I love Lake Tahoe, it truly is a healing place. We have used it for that purpose many many times.

    If you're able to run Tuesday we can try . . . but please don't push it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you had a relaxing and rejuvenating weekend - you deserved it!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always try to give bears the right of way

    ReplyDelete