Friday, October 15, 2010

Finished




Thirteen weeks ago I started a new position, I was put in charge of a remodel. I have been through two previous remodels in my career but never have I been the one in charge. It was a learning experience. Over the past thirteen weeks I have seen my store transform, I have seen the back room transform. The leadership team from the general contractor, refrigeration, fixture, electrical, to remodel ETL really worked well with each other. Our personalities complimented each other and we knew that it was going to be a team effort in order to complete this project on time.
As the project was in it's final phase my stress level was at an all time high. The deadline was fast approaching, but in the end we completed the remodel. We now offer a wide selection of meat, bakery, dairy and frozen and fresh produce.

Not my actual store, but close to what it looks like.

On the final day, turnover day the Group Team Leaders were out visiting all three remodel stores. At the end of their visit they were highly impressed with the outcome. In fact it was the best looking Pfresh they have seen in all the pfresh stores in the market. They also were impressed with the fact that they didn't have to worry once about my store. They loved my attention to detail, how I jumped and took ownership of this project one week before it started and they would like for me to continue doing remodels.

As of right now I don't know what I want to do. I was offered the next remodel store, but I am hesitant to do it. I enjoyed and hated this project. It had it's highs and extreme lows during the 13 weeks. I know I wouldn't have been this successful if it weren't for the solid team that executed all the moves and details. I am very happy that this project is completed. 

Sporting my new vest. The G.C. gave it to me and said he would do any project with me.

This past week I haven't done any running, I have been putting in some early hours at the store and some very long days. It was probably a good thing as this has given by body to continue healing. I barely notice my chest wall pain (it is still there, just not as bad). This weekend I was suppose to do the Nike Women's Marathon in San Fransisco, but I wont be. I have been advised not to run and for once I am going to listen. Though it will be hard. My next race is CIM in December and I am looking forward to running again. But first it is vacation time and I am headed up to Tahoe where I am sure I will be running and enjoying the mountain air.

1 comment: