Saturday, October 9, 2010

Keeping Busy

This past week has been crazy busy with last minute details, punch list, missing meat diapers, missing produce basket. The final phase of the remodel project is all about p-fresh. The work for my team is behind “the curtain” and it is a small space where I have electricians, refrigeration contractors, general contractors, fixture installers, and my team all working on top of each other with huge lifts, tool bags everywhere, exposed rotating fans on the units and it is cold. So cold my toes were freezing and my fingers were sticking to metal as I was trying to planogram the cases.

It is also crunch time with only 4 days until turnover everything has to be perfect. We receive our first frozen/cooler load on Tuesday and then our produce load on Thursday. I am at least a million things I have to complete, but I can’t until I am out of my temporary cooler/freezer cases. Then the real fun begins.

With all of this going on I really needed a way to de-stress. I started running again. On Tuesday I meet up with trailmomma for our 6 mile run. I was in some serious pain after that run so I didn’t run the rest of the week. But I was feeling restless so on Friday on jumped on the elliptical and completed an hour interval work out. The elliptical was a nice change and didn’t give me the pain I have when I run. So it was nice to be able to continue to work on my cardio and still be healing.

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early, (because I can’t sleep past 4 am.)I was going to run with trailmomma. We had decided we would only run an hour today. Nice and Easy was the name of the game.

As I arrived she was pulling in right behind me. I quickly noticed she DID NOT wear her compression socks today like she was suppose to. She forgot them because she usually doesn’t wear them during her runs. I also noticed that we were once again wearing the same colors. On Tuesday run we both wore blue shirts and I reminded her that during my training for SNER all I wore was blue. But Saturday I changed things up and wore my black technical t-shirt. She also wore a black shirt and grey shorts. We were twins on the trail today. I am sure Coach Nikon is laughing.

As we started trailmomma reminded me that we running nice and easy! Yes I replied, we did run nice and easy because I am still letting my ribs heal and she is letting her ankle heal. After Tuesday run I was in some pain for the rest of the week.

It was early when we started the sun had just risen and it appeared that we were the only ones out running this early but as we kept going laughing and chit chatting we saw a huge running group lined up in groups getting ready to head out. We also ran into Kuni and his wife. We stopped and talked with Kuni about SNER, he said I made the right decision.

We had a pretty uneventful run besides nature was out and about. We saw deer, bunnies, and trailmommas favorite wild turkeys. It was good to be out and laughing and spending time with someone. Because my entire house is empty besides of course traildog, the chickens, the cat and Lil mans dog. Needless to say when I walked in the house Friday night it was pretty quiet. I could feel the emptiness. Tomorrow I am getting together with Coach Nikon, but first my brother and his wife are coming over for some home made chili, corn bread and cup cakes. I was Betty Crocker Jr. in the kitchen today. Enjoy the weekend everyone. See you on the trails.

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one.

Elbert Hubbard

1 comment:

  1. Yes yes I forgot my socks. They will be out with me on Tuesday I promise.

    Way to go Betty Crocker Junior.